- 27-Jan-2016 to 31-Dec-2016 (AST)
- English Language Department
- At existing or new SESP Centers , Ar Riyad, SAU
- Full Time
Saudi Electric Services Polytechnic (SESP) is based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and began training operations in September 2012. Presently, there are three SESP training centers in operation: SESP-Baish located in Jizan Province, SESP-Juaymah located near Dammam in the Eastern Province and SESP-Riyadh located in the Central Province. SESP's operational headquarters are located at SESP-Juaymah.
Trainees at each SESP campus study English, Health and Safety, Science, Mathematics, Technical Drawing and various technical disciplines during their two-year study program. An additional six-month On-the-Job Training (OJT) component is included at the end of a trainee's two year training regimen. All of the trainees are either high school or technical college graduates and study for 30 contact periods per week. Class sizes average between 15-17 trainees. The curriculum including testing and measuring is based on a 14-week trimester system with breaks between each training cycle.
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE INSTRUCTORS
SESP is seeking applications from qualified ESL- and ESP- experienced instructors for their Year One English language and Technical Bridging program.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Annual salary is commensurate with academic achievements and paid in Saudi Arabian riyals.
Allowances and benefits include local transportation, housing, utilities, communications, initial relocation package, 21 working days annual leave plus National Day and public holidays, private medical insurance and mobilization air flight ticketing. Assignments are for initially one year duration.
- Bachelor's degree required with a Master's Degree preferred in linguistics, ESL, EFL or similar discipline
- CELTA, DELTA, TEFL and/or TOEFL qualification required
- Minimum of five years fulltime postgraduate teaching experience in an ESL/ESP and Technical Bridging/Foundation Studies context
- Proven experience and demonstrated ability to teach ESL and ESP
- Proven teaching experience in the Middle East in general and Saudi Arabia in particular preferred
- Solid ESL pedagogy with sound classroom management skills required
Please note that due to the large number of applicants, we will only contact those candidates whose applications we wish to progress. We appreciate you taking the time to apply at SESP.